Kecske means “goat” ; while mét refers to “district ” in Hungarian.
Kecskemét – the capital of Bács-Kiskun County – fusing all the beauty and values of the Great Plain is situated in the middle of Hungary, approximately 85 kms from Budapest.
Thursday, 1 May 2008
May Day walk
Here's a gallery of this morning May day walk. The costumes were gorgeous, enthusiastic performances, lots of folk music, a chicky stiltman, yeah it was memorable!
- the grass is in lovely shade of green-
-the participants stopping for a dance-
- say 'Hi!' the folks in the carriage entertained us with folksongs along the way-
- giving the people what they have practiced all this while-
- men on stilt taking some R&R-
-Hungarian cowboys ( csikósok )-
-more lovely folk costumes-
-guys, get ready to dance-
- her style is very English , VIP perhaps? -
-aren't they adorable?-
- group dance -
- eateries , a must!-
-i didn't know there's a lake at Széchenyiváros until now!-